Saturday, June 21, 2014

Review of Moonfall

In between my hectic life of enjoying my time at home (and Vegas, oh and D.C.), I’ve gotten a chance to read “Moonfall” by Vanessa Morton and be apart of her Virtual Book tour.

Moonfall is a book that tells a story of Rachav and her twin sister Zaron. Rachav is a 16 year old living in Yericho who drinks the forbidden moon temple wine which results in the death of a priestess. Due to her mistake, the king orders her to serve the queen of the night, which is the LAST thing Rachav wants to do, but her family believes it’ll be good for her plus it’s a high honor, supposedly. At the same time, her twin sister is betrothed to some guy and like her sister, doesn’t want to do it, so they come up with a plan to switch places. Well, things don’t go as planned and now Rachav has to save her sister after uncovering shocking secrets.

Thoughts: This book was very interesting to say the least, when I initially downloaded the book from Netgalley, I expected something else, honestly, I was expecting a love triangle or something of that nature. I was pleasantly surprised that this book mostly focuses on family and I love the lengths that Rachav went to save her family. The book was kind of confusing, as someone who doesn’t know a lot about biblical scriptures, it was a bit hard for me to understand at first but then it all became clear. So, if you're like me and are iffy about books with biblical undertones, this may not be the book for you but I do recommend giving this book a try. I give this book three and a half stars.

If you'd like to know more about the Vanessa Morton, please follow her on Twitter, Facebook, Goodreads and if you're interested in buying the book on Kindle, head over to Amazon to get the book! Also, if you're interested in joining the virtual book tour, head over to this link to find out more





1 comment :

  1. Hi Ashley,
    thank you so much for featuring Moonfall and taking the time to read it and post a review! If you are so inclined, I would appreciate it if you would post your review on Amazon, at the product link: http://amzn.to/1pDrHuI. Thanks again for reading Moonfall!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts...